Saturday 11 December 2010

I'm just holdin' on (baby)

As my Regent Redcar film project forms, I have been in a quandary as how to best describe the type of music I want over it.

Did I mention I'm feeling all mockumentaried-out? I've just seen so many in the last few weeks - great fun to watch and to make, but I'd rather take a more disciplined approach to this one, so I'm hoping a more movie trailer oriented piece will increase shelf life.
What I want to promote is the fact it's run by volunteers: Neil's own friends and family - the same people that rescued the place back in the 80s.
My vision is now less based around comedy and more like a feel good film trailer - and that needs the right sound track.
By chance, this morning, I heard a fantastic little track by P J Proby called (I'm just) Holding On Baby - a 60s soul track.
Lyrically, it's a tough sell; the guy has been dumped but is putting on a brave face it seems. But musically it's perfect. It's got a classic feel, it's uplifting and dynamic and it builds quickly; I'm sure it would be great to edit to.
so here's my mission: obtain the rights to use an instrumental version of the song and, if it doesn't actually exist, find some musicians capable of recreating it.

Follow the link below to check out the track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v5BRHQxBnY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

No comments:

Post a Comment